Thursday, July 07, 2005

I once gave lip to G. Dubya - True Story!

So I am kind of new to this whole blog thing so I figured I'd start out with a humorous encounter I had with our current President of the United States.

So back in 2000 when Bush was running in the Republican Primary Elections, he made a stop in my hometown Ashwaubenon at Pioneer Elementary School (real gimmicky, I agree). Anyways, he gave his canned speech and then took questions from the crowd. I raised my hand and asked what he plans on doing on the skyrocketing cost of college education? He responded in typical politician fashion i.e. completely skirting the issue with “I want to lower taxes for the middle class so everyone can go to college yadda yadda yadda.”

So afterwards, Dub’s going around shaking hands and, recognizing me from the question I asked, approaches me, shakes my hand, and asks ‘Where are you going to school next year, son?”

I respond “The University of Wisconsin, sir.”

Bush says, “Oh that’s a great school, me and Laura are still figuring out where we want to send our daughters.”

Recognizing the opportunity, I put my hand on his shoulder and reply, “why don’t you send them to Madison, I’ll show em’ a good time.”

Then, in his patented smirk, he says to me as he walked on, “Yeah, I bet you would.”

Okay, so it may not be the greatest story in the world but I think it’s damn funny and I got plenty more of them. Stay tuned for the next exciting episode of the saga that is me.


Me.

No comments: