Monday, January 02, 2012

Thanks, Pinterest!

Attention dudes: Do you have a significant other? Do you like it when she cooks for you? She doesn’t? Sick of me asking rhetorical questions in this blog?

OK, duly noted. But back to the cooking thing. No worries. Here’s a great link to forward to your old lady.

Pinterest is the greatest thing that ever happened to me in the last three months. Three months ago, if I would have said, Hey babes, how about you cook me dinner tonight, I would have been laughed out of the kitchen. Jess would say something along the lines of, You wish, go take a hike, you big bologna!

But then, on her own accord, she discovered this website and now I’m eating stuff like Salsa Chicken Casserole with Southwestern-style rice for dinner.

I think the genius of Pinterest is that the website combines tasty, colorful food recipes alongside pictures of the two things women love most: kittens in boxes with funny captions and cute boots. The combination creates a warm fuzzy feeling in the center of their brains which creates a halo effect for the food recipes which translates into awesome meals for me.

The ramifications of this Pinterest Discovery are staggering. I have a hypothesis that I plan on testing tonight.

This week, I’m going to suggest to Jess that she takes out the garbage. When she says no, I’m going to ask again, this time holding up a picture of two little cute kids dressed up in light blue/orange tuxedos like Lloyd and Harry from Dumb and Dumber in a wagon that looks like the Mutt Cutts van. I’ll let you know the results.

Sometimes I wish there was a Pinterest website for men but then I remembered we have about 50,000,000 of them. Except our Pinterest websites come with annoying pop ups and we aren't allowed to look at them at work. Also, we can't login and "pin" our favorite items on a community bulletin board. Thank God. Gross.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I might cook you dinner, but I'm still not taking the garbage out!