Wednesday, April 12, 2006

J.Peteman Ideas: Part V

Almost there.

My Old Bedroom

A hint of gasoline tickled my nostrils when I entered the house.

“How odd,” I thought to myself.

Perhaps I stepped in a puddle of petrol when I was refueling my automobile earlier that day. Or perhaps I spilled a bit of gas on my denims when filling the mower at the week’s finale.

All good guesses, but the stringent smell was indeed, a motorized bicycle that someone parked in my bed. It was deliberate.

Oh! How I laughed at the spectacle before me! It was a humorous jest to say the least. Who could have masterminded such a devious prank?

Although Razz was printed on the flank of the jet black moped, it was clearly I who was razzed that day.



Living Room

I proposed a toast to all the gents standing in the parlor.

“To the greatest Christmas in the history of all time.”

I raised my chalice, a sacred relic bequeathed to me from a fair maiden in the employment of a Burger King franchise. The King has exquisite taste. This particular goblet was fashioned in the likeness of Gandalf of Lord of the Rings infamy. The intense mahogany flavor of the Yellow Tail Merlot was accentuated by the glowing scarlet beacon underneath my cup.

I grinned sheepishly as I set down my hearty drink. Donned in our absolute best winter holiday attire, my colleagues and I set out that evening to accomplish one task: to spread yule tide spirit in the form of a Seasons Greetings post card to all our friends and family. The mission was successful and celebration was in order.

The rest of the night was filled with revelry and debauchery as we took in our fill of fine wines and other lagers and ales on the streets of downtown Capital City. Although my memory of that time is hazy, the photograph shall last forever. It was a sublime moment for us all.

No comments: